Vice President of Finance
Coralville, IA US
Vice President of Finance
Job Overview: Our hospitality client located in Coralville, IA is seeking to add a new Vice President of Finance to their team. The Vice President of Finance?provides both operations and programmatic support to the organization while also supervising the finance unit. To be successful in the role of Vice President of Finance, you must have proven experience as a CFO or similar, strong communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
This is a direct hire position. This person will report to the CEO and President.
What you will be doing as Vice President of Finance
- Lead the finance department/division and train staff on knowledge of fiscal management matters
- Assist with strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and the securing of new funding to help with the future direction of the company
- Assist in establishing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, staff succession, and growth plans
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and developing new business through business opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor open legal issues involving the company and assure legal and regulatory documents and tax returns are filed timely
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets
- Manage new bank relationship acquisitions, including introducing to new partners, articulating the investment philosophy, and the specifics of new acquisitions and developments
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits
- Lead closing of acquisitions/disposition of properties with title company, lawyers and other counterparties
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits that the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals
- Provide creativity and flexibility in developing and accessing innovative ideas - have the ability to see the big picture, but also dive into the analytics when necessary
Skills you ideally bring to the table as Vice President of Finance
- Proven experience as CFO, Finance officer, or relevant role
- Commercial Lending experience required
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Federal, State, and Local regulatory agency guidelines and laws
- Financial management skills to manage budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results
- Experience developing strategic and business plans with knowledge of current industry trends to focus on adding value to the bottom line of the business
- Experience managing multiple complex projects that involves multiple properties, interests, and goals
- Ability to solve problems and methods, work in a fast-paced changing environment, and develop people
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and reporting skills (read, write, and understand the English language)
- Proven success and passion for building and maintaining strong relationships and effectively resolving conflicts among stakeholders
- Maintain strong time management, organization, and planning skills
- Strong computer skills (proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, and design software applications)
Contact Staci Payne at email@example.com or 319-249-2390 to learn more about this opportunity!
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://jobs.saigepartners.com/.
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!