Memphis, TN US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Staci Payne at email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity!
Job Overview: Our transportation client in Memphis, TN is seeking to add a new Terminal Manager to their team. The Terminal Manager is responsible for the overall business and operations of the terminal. To be successful in the role of Terminal Manager, you must have strong DOT knowledge, must be team-oriented, and self-motivated.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Terminal Manager
Lead the recruitment, training, and professional growth of dispatch and staff members, ensuring adherence to safety protocols and operational efficiency
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through motivation, monitoring, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Cultivate positive and collaborative relationships within the team to enhance productivity and cohesion
Proactively identify opportunities for process enhancement and implement effective strategies to optimize performance, training, safety standards, and asset management
- Ensure full compliance with safety regulations, DOT requirements, and company policies while prioritizing a safe working environment
Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to maximize operational effectiveness, emphasizing exemplary customer service and seamless communication across departments
- Lead investigations to address and resolve customer complaints
Develop and implement a rigorous auditing system to assess driver proficiency in managing daily workloads effectively
- Actively participate in management meetings and contribute insights to departmental discussions
- Generate regular reports analyzing customer efficiency and cost structures, driving continuous improvements in transportation systems
Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum of 5 years of coordination management experience in transportation or similar
Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations, hours of service requirements, etc.
Strong communication and customer service skills, both internally and externally
Strong organizational and time management skills
Must be able to problem-solve and implement solutions
High level of proficiency in transportation software programs as well as Microsoft Office
- Bilingual preferred
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.