Team Lead - Press Operations
Williamsburg, IA US
JOB TITLE: PRESS OPERATOR Team Lead
REPORTS TO: Area Shift Leader
Summary of Responsibilities
Provide support to the Shift Leader and help meet area and shift safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping goals.
Team Leads must possess excellent technical skills, be decisive and responsible, and lead by example. The Team Lead hand must demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude and work toward continual improvement. The Team Lead assists in job training and break relief of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attain departmental safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping goals
- Learn all aspects of all parts produced in assigned work area, including critical quality factors, customer needs, and acceptable standards
- Ensure quality of all parts produced in assigned work area
- Conduct pre-shift inspection of equipment as needed. Safety check list, error mistake proofing, total productive maintenance.
- Keep area equipment (presses, robots, welders, paint line, etc.) running 100% of allowed time
- Conduct quality assurance checks as directed in white process books
- Perform machine set ups and change overs on all equipment and operations in area assigned
- Train team members per TWI Guidelines on equipment and parts within assigned area
- Promote and assist in team building, build positive employee relations and demonstrate positive leadership skills; lead by example
- Support new program launches
- Perform trouble shooting as required
- Record down time in logs
- Read and operate all measuring equipment
- Conduct shift carry over with other associates
- Lead area operations in shift leaders absence or unavailability
- Fill in for absent employees, replace operators for breaks, and allow for staggered breaks and lunch as needed
- Conduct daily preventive maintenance on area equipment such as robots, welders, etc.
- Read, follow and become familiar with all details and instructions in white operations books
- Attend training as required
- Organize, maintain and promote a safe work environment; encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Handle all hazardous chemical and waste material in safe manner
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communication and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities process flow, work instructions, white book updates.
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to work well with others in a team environment, build and maintain positive employee relations
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers and customers
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime
- Able to operate tow motor
- Able to operate various inspection fixtures and gauges
- Able to calculate figures and amounts, such as percentages and proportions
- Able to use computer and software as required, including CMS integrated manufacturing software
- Able to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds
- Self motivated, can do attitude
Education / Experience and Required Training
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Weld repair experience helpful
- Robotics experience helpful
- Spot Welding experience helpful
- E-coat production experience helpful
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- The work environment is primarily manufacturing plant and is characterized by temperature extremes, loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic.
- The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees, management, customers and suppliers.
- Overtime as required