Sr. R&D Electrical Engineer
Tualatin, OR US
The Sr Electrical Engineer reports to the Director of R&D Engineering. This is a product development and R&D engineering position. Hardware / Firmware engineer will be responsible for circuit board design (schematics and layout) and firmware / source code development (MCU) for new products including recoil sensing, distributed power management, weapon sights, rangefinders, wireless connectivity, and general R&D. The position will be 50% hardware design and 50% microcontroller / embedded systems development.
General Job Duties:
- Create PCBA schematics and layouts in Altium.
- Work with PCBA suppliers on new products and contract manufacturers as necessary.
- Develop source code for common MCU platforms including TI, Atmel, NXP and other common
- MCUs including Bluetooth modules such as Nordic systems.
- Take new product concepts through all aspects of the product development cycle ultimately resulting in a producible and innovative product including development of test equipment and procedures for manufacturing support.
- Ensure a seamless transition from prototype to a fully developed and manufactured product.
- Design and evaluate alternative components and/or process changes to improve efficiency, product performance, and reduce cost.
- Represent the organization as a technical information source
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering / Software Engineering required
- Minimum of five years recent related experience in source code development for embedded systems and PCBA schematic and layout design
- Experience with SolidWorks, Altium and other development tools such as Kiel or IAR
- C/C++ embedded firmware experience
- Knowledge of Git revision control
- Expertise with standard MCU peripherals like I2C, SPI, and UART
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy, RTOS, and bootloaders preferred
- Experience in MEMS sensor drivers and data processing for accelerometers, gyros, magnetometers, environmental sensors preferred
- Candidate must possess prior project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in the Tualatin, Oregon office location
Position: Sr. R&D Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Permanent | Direct-Hire
Location: Tualatin, OR 97062
Shift: 1st Shift / Mon to Fri