Senior Tax Analyst
Charleston, SC US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Hannah Wohlers at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this opportunity!
Job Overview: Our Charleston area client in the automotive manufacturing industry is seeking to add a Senior Tax Analyst to their team.
This is a Direct Hire role at a competitive pay rate. The client is able to assist with relocation costs, if necessary.
- Pay Rate: Flexible, depending on experience
- Shift Time: 8:00am 5:00pm, Monday Friday
- Job Location: Hybrid in Charleston, SC (3x/week in office)
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Taxation.
- Experience in preparing corporate Federal and Multi-State Income tax returns.
- Familiarity with Federal Tax Credits and Incentives.
- 3+ years of experience in tax provision, tax research, and tax compliance.
- Proficiency in State income tax compliance and familiarity with Pro Systems tax software (preferred), Tax research software, and Fixed Assets software.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within a public accounting firm or corporate tax department.
- Familiarity with various types of taxes, including Federal income, State/Local Income/Franchise, and Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Familiarity with the preparation of Multi State Property tax returns.
- Punctuality, excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments.
- Assist with compiling the tax documentation needed to apply for and compute the Qualified Advanced Energy Project Tax Credit (Sec. 48C) in compliance with federal tax laws.
- Assist in the preparation of Federal Income and State Income/Franchise tax returns, including extensions and estimated tax payments as well as tax credit documentation.
- Monitor changes in U.S. and State tax laws and ensure compliance with the latest regulations.
- Calculate applicable tax depreciation amounts for the US Manufacturing Plant and other entities within the group.
- Proactively research and identify new incentives/credit opportunities and communicate them to management.
- Assist in gathering information required to respond to tax inquiries raised by the IRS and State tax authorities.
- Streamline tax provision and compliance processes by collaborating with the Finance group to efficiently gather necessary data.
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provisions for specific subsidiaries with the assistance of the Tax Manager.
- Respond to various notices from tax authorities.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.