Senior/Principal Software Engineer
Sterling, VA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Brett Campbell at email@example.com or , you can also schedule an appointment at https://calendly.com/bcampbell-saigepartners to learn more about this opportunity!
Senior Software Engineer - sUAS Systems (Onsite)
This is a Direct Hire role.
- Demonstrated experience with embedded system development using a variety of development environments, languages, and tools (C, C++, C#, Python, Protobufs, etc.)
- Understanding of DoD open systems architecture and protocols (FACE, STANAG-4586, etc.)
- Assisting in leading and coordinating the development of technical proposals as well as program level cost estimates during the bid and proposal cycle.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt decision-making style based on the situational circumstances.
The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines and must have the ability to function well and have strong interpersonal skills. This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must. This position may require occasional travel (up to 10%).
- Bachelors degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Demonstrated experience with tools such as JIRA, Git, Subversion, Docker, and requirements management applications.
- Experience working effectively in highly collaborative environments, a demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and lead technical efforts spanning multiple stakeholders and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- Experience in integrating and troubleshooting network connectivity issues (e.g., Linux routing, VLANs, good familiarity with IP protocol stack and protocols)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) / Graphical User Interface (GUI) development a plus
- Familiarity with DevSecOps tools and techniques is a plus
- This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
Background in the following technologies is helpful but not required:
- UAS Command and Control Systems
- Autonomy Algorithms
- Detect and Avoid
- Guidance and Navigation
- Flight Management Systems
- Sensor Fusion / Sensor Systems
- Weapons Systems
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.