Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA US
Saige Partners is seeking several Senior/Principal Embedded Software Engineers to join the team of one our top clients who is a global leader in the avionics and defense industry. These software positions range from mid-level to Principal level roles. Top pay and benefits are on the table. These positions are open to remote work.
As an engineer on their team, you will be involved in the design, development, integration, and verification of our embedded operating system, applications, and drivers. They work in C/C++, Python, and embedded Linux so proficiency in these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly. Knowledge of DO178C DAL-A safety-critical systems and secure software development is preferred but not required. Experience working in an Agile environment would also be preferred.
Candidates must be able to work at a system-level understanding the designs and interactions of the system hardware and software components. Candidates are also required to have excellent communication skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form to internal and external customers. The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Design, demonstrate, develop, and maintain flight-critical embedded software for military and commercial aviation solutions and avionics products.
- Provide technical leadership to the assigned cross-functional engineering project team responsible for the design, development, and verification of real-time embedded software.
- Specify requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct complex tests and debug systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with systems and hardware architects in the planning, design, development, and utilization of embedded processing systems.
- Mentor software developers in technical and process-related areas.
- Lead or participate in proposals and bidding exercises utilizing the SEER parametric estimation tool for systems effort.
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Experience in writing software requirements, software design and implementation, functional and integration testing, writing test cases and test procedures, and software delivery support
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex problems, evaluate options, and develop solutions
- Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships
- C programming experience
- Proficiency with modern software development best practices and configuration management tools
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder.
- Strong background in the development of low-level software and concurrent processing solutions
- Python programming experience
- Experience developing software in a Linux build environment
- Experience with DO-178B/C (DAL A or B preferred)
- Experience developing software for real-time operating systems (VxWorks, LynxOS, GHS)
- Experience with designing architectures
- Expertise leading low-level software development and verification tasks
- Experience understanding network protocols (IEEE802.3 Ethernet, AFDX)