Senior Electrical Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Amanda Lawrence at email@example.com
Are you ready to join a family-owned enterprise committed to honoring the contributions of everyone? Our client, a leader in comprehensive energy storage solutions, is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in Ann Arbor, Michigan. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing and developing Battery Management System (BMS) control circuits for Lithium-Ion battery systems.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Electrical Engineer
- Design Battery Management Systems (BMS) control circuits for commercial, military, and industrial Lithium-Ion battery pack applications.
- Conduct requirements capture meetings to define the scope of electrical hardware work.
- Perform all aspects of circuit design and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design for BMS hardware.
- Utilize Altium software and analysis tools for circuit simulation and PCB layout.
- Select appropriate components and develop Bill of Materials for each BMS control circuit design.
- Conduct BMS PCB development testing to ensure proper functionality.
- Lead cross-functional design review meetings to ensure alignment with stakeholder requirements.
- Provide complete design outputs for PCB manufacturing and document design justifications.
- Perform system-level testing and troubleshooting on Lithium-Ion Battery Management Systems and Battery Packs.
- Develop system-level block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams for Lithium-Ion Battery Systems.
- Select fuses, shunts, terminal blocks, connectors, and other electrical devices for battery models and pack systems.
- Assist in End-of-Line (EOL) testing of battery packs to ensure proper performance before shipment.
- Participate in new project bids and proposals, providing insights on electrical concepts, feasibility, scope of work, cost, and timing.
- Comply with safety guidelines and operate in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of electrical engineering work experience, with at least two years focused on embedded control circuit design.
- Proficiency in the design and layout of complex PCB boards.
- Subject matter expertise in analog & digital electronic circuits with embedded microprocessors.
- Preferred proficiency in Altium and LTspice.
- Experience with DFMEA composition for electrical systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Lithium-Ion battery products is a plus.
- Familiarity with the use of CANalyzer is preferred.
- Expertise in Design for EMC/EMI is a plus.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.