Muskegon, MI US
Job Title - Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer (QE) assists in several Quality Assurance functions throughout the product launch and life-time cycles. The QE serves as a cross functional team member, working closely with internal and external customers to ensure products meet predetermined specifications. In addition to direct involvement in the introduction of new products, the QE is a major player in efforts to reduce waste and eliminate process/product variation and control issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs APQP activity at the plant level regarding the development and documentation of Process Flow, PFMEA and the Control Plans. Prepares and submits PPAPs.
- Prepares, implements and maintains Quality Control work instructions.
- Maintains reporting and disposal procedures for RMA scrap material.
- Champions the corrective action process.
- Prepares, implements and maintains an effective statistical methods program.
- Leads the training of value stream personnel in the use of statistical methods.
- Leads quality improvement by establishing methods of data collection, control charting, dimensional inspection, documentation, or other experimental design techniques.
- Provide a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls.
- Participates in growth and development opportunities for succession planning and career pathing. Primarily focusing efforts on entry level quality positions, helping them to achieve higher levels of skill and ability.
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and works with the EHS Department to ensure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental related rules and regulations.
- Maintain and comply with all other company and corporate systems and procedures as applicable for your area of responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or other technical discipline degree is required (or equivalent years experience), along with 2-3 years job experience in a Quality Tech Role.
- Experience in the automotive industry and lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Must have statistical aptitude and understand concepts of geometric dimensioning and tolerance and knowledge of problem-solving techniques.
- Personal computer skills are required, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.