Baytown, TX US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Amanda Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Process/Project Engineer involves providing technical support to the operations, maintenance, and commercial groups. This professional focuses on long-term activities related to the production of Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE) while actively identifying and tracking improvements in the process.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Process/Project Manager
- Optimizes reactor performance to enhance efficiency and output
- Manages stripper solvent recovery processes for resource efficiency
- Oversees utilities operations for effective facility functioning
- Supervises finishing and packaging procedures to meet quality standards
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess overall production performance
- Tracks material balances during production campaigns for resource management and accuracy.
- Collaborates with operations, maintenance, commercial, and engineering teams to develop project scopes up to LEL2 (Lower Explosive Limit)
- Leads process improvement initiatives to enhance production efficiency and product quality
- Assists in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews to identify and mitigate potential hazards
- Conducts Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) to ensure safety protocols and procedures are in place
- Engages in other Project Safety Management (PSM) activities as needed for risk mitigation
- Plays a pivotal role in fostering a safety culture within the facility
- Supports the overarching goal of achieving ZERO incidents through proactive safety measures.
- Self-motivated with a high level of integrity
- Strong commitment to environmental, safety, and health (ESH) practices
- Proficient analytical skills
- Effective communication abilities
- Capable of developing and executing small projects supporting facility objectives ($150K - $1.5M TIC)
- Familiarity with unit operations such as distillation, reactor kinetics, solvent recovery, boilers, and utilities systems
- Understanding of OSHA 1910 PSM Standards
- Knowledge of project management techniques and processes up to FEL2 (Front-end Loading)
- Familiarity with batch reactor process controls
- Understanding of boiler Burner Management Systems
- Knowledge of unit start-ups and commissioning processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in a chemical plant environment, preferably in petrochemical and/or polymers
- Legally authorized to work in the USA
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.