We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Mechanical Test Engineer - $85,000 +/- BOE
This is a Direct Hire role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Read and challenge test plans to evaluate performance and reliability of electronic components, connector solutions, and materials under exposure to mechanical conditions
- Execute test plans and tasks involving various mechanical tests in accordance with industry, customer, and/or internal specification
- Collaborate with technicians, project leaders, management, and Product Engineering on test status, issues, recommendations, etc.
- Operate vibration/shock test equipment and automated mechanical force test equipment.
- Assist in design of mechanical fixtures to be utilized in vibration and shock testing with an emphasis on fixture dynamics
- Perform various mechanical tests including, but not limited to: Vibration, Mechanical Shock, HALT / HASS
- Complete product evaluation and performance analysis using test results and advanced statistical analysis
- Develop, modify, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures to ensure repeatable and reproducible test methods/results
- Troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis
- Work closely with various project leaders to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Physics,or Engineering Science
- 3+ years work experience in a laboratory environment for related field
- Experience with electrodynamic vibration/mechanical shock test systems
- Possess critical thinking and analytical ability to develop conclusions from complex data including multiple interactions.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with others effectively including global contact
- Ability to manage time and workload to meet project deadlines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with force test equipment, load frames, and load cells
- Experience with Mechanical Cycle Testing (Linear and/or Cable Flex)
- Various Mechanical Tasks Including:
- Connector Mate/Unmate
- Terminal Insertion/Extraction
- Normal Force
- Cable Pull
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.