We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Job Overview: Our Williamsburg client in the agricultural manufacturing business is seeking to add a NEW Manufacturing Engineer to their team.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Manufacturing Engineer
Skills you ideally bring to the table as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Use critical thinking skills to troubleshoot problems, find root causes, and develop and implement corrective actions
- Initiate Engineering Change Requests and oversee their completion
- Review and maintain production labor standards
- Develop/modify work instructions based on product and process changes
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Initiate and conduct manufacturing safety and environmental reviews
- Identify, assist and/or oversee training needs for new processes or equipment
- Develop and implement Manufacturing Plans
- Proactively participate in product design reviews to ensure parts and products are designed for manufacturability
- Design and implement tooling and fixturing
- Design and implement processes throughout manufacturing
- Conduct Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Conduct manufacturing print reviews
- Provide appropriate information and assistance in costing activities
- Conduct pilot and pre-production manufacturing activities
- Capital Project Planning and Execution: Directly oversee the investigation, written recommendations and implementation of all new equipment and facilities projects that affect manufacturing
- Recommend new equipment to support process improvement, capacity needs, or new product introduction
- Recommend and coordinate layout changes to facilitate new processes
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, 3D Modeling, and CAD software with MRP Systems experience
- Quality manufacturing processes, process improvement, capital research and implementation of new equipment, facilities, etc... PFMEA or FMEA experience from a manufacturing perspective
- Must possess Lean Manufacturing knowledge (Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, continuous process improvement (CPI) experience desired)
- Familiar with OSHA/Industrial safety requirements
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, blue print reading skills, and strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must work well in cross functional groups with understanding of quality systems and process control
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations Management, or equivalent
- 3-5 Years experience in a similar manufacturing role (fabrication, welding, assembly, finishing)
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.