Field Service Technician
Cedar Rapids, IA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Erin Pals at email@example.com, you can also schedule an appointment at https://calendly.com/epals-1/interiew-s to learn more about this opportunity!
Field Service Technician
Job Overview: Our Cedar Rapids client, in Industrial Manufacturing, is seeking to add a NEW Field Service Technician to their team. The Field Service Technician assumes a broad range of responsibilities, encompassing tasks such as installing, training, and providing continuous maintenance for intricate machinery and equipment. They thoroughly investigate mechanical and electrical equipment and their controls, possessing the expertise to carry out essential repairs. Their proficiency in mechanical and electronic principles allows them to identify equipment malfunctions and employ their skills to restore equipment functionality. Additionally, they provide training to customers in design software and offer support in setting up network connections for the same.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Field Service Technician
- Install, repair, dismantle, and move company-manufactured equipment.
- Plan and execute work involving deep knowledge of electrical and electronic theory, including specification writing.
- Receive instructions, whether verbal or written, including wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications, for emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work.
- Service electronic equipment by conducting checks, tests, and replacements of faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards, vacuum tubes, and similar electronic devices.
- Advise operators and line mechanics on standard operating procedures and safety requirements when working with electronic equipment and components.
- Maintain and install communication cables, power distribution cables, and wiring, including necessary splicing.
- Install or modify the layout of machines and mechanical equipment in customer facilities.
- Analyze mechanical and operational issues with assigned equipment, plan and implement corrective actions, and make adjustments to ensure maximum production and quality.
- Conduct equipment testing to verify operation, clear jams, and segregate products for inspection and rework, especially after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime.
- Examine, test, and measure products from assigned equipment against quality specifications using gauges and instruments, and inspect for visual defects.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and inspections on assigned equipment, report findings to customers, and take appropriate actions.
- Investigate defects and analyze causes of spoilage, taking corrective actions whenever possible.
- Notify the customer's maintenance department or supervisor of equipment malfunctions, actions taken for correction, and any quality problems or supply requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction to any customer maintenance trainees assigned to the task.
- Offer advice and warnings to operators and mechanics about potential electrical issues and inherent safety hazards.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams, and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service, or replace electronic devices and systems.
- Execute tasks that demand a thorough understanding of electrical theory, principles of material properties, and the operation principles of electrical equipment.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Possess extensive knowledge in both mechanical and electrical principles, with the ability to apply them as needed for specific tasks.
- Willingness and capability to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse range of individuals, including customers and their employees, to facilitate productive relationships.
- Exhibit thorough product knowledge and a complete understanding of the company's customer service philosophy and procedures.
- Work with a high degree of precision, meeting minimum tolerance requirements, while maintaining a strong focus on safety to prevent injury when handling electrical power, including exposure to high voltage electricity.
- Proficient in tasks that require climbing in overhead structures, working beneath machines, and operating in confined spaces to perform analysis and repair work.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.