Saige Partners is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in St. Joseph, MO to join the team of one our top clients in the area!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish the methodologies for product and process design improvements for both internal and external customers
- Create standards for panels and electrical build processes across the organization.
- Ensure On-line diagrams are created and utilized properly.
- Ensure as-build drawings are completed for all R&D projects.
- Design and continuously improve electrical connectors and routing of wire harnesses.
- Work with the engineering team on fittings, valves, filters and hose routing for hydraulic systems.
- Capture and articulate the project requirements in collaboration with respective project teams (e.g. financial(s); timelines; deliverables; milestones; etc.)
- Work with controls engineers to design/specify controls hardware
- Develop Quality Control system / checks for electrical and other aspects of R&D projects.
- Utilize background knowledge of mobile equipment powertrain, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components and systems to solve problems
- Create system layout drawings, schematics, and installation instructions
- Lead, participate, assist with engineering initiatives ranging from new capabilities to new products to application solutions, through launch and full commercialization
- Ensure that effective project controls are in place to monitor project or program performance
- Provide regular status to key stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline or higher required, or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3 years of experience in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field
- Experience in railroad or heavy equipment industries is preferred
- Experience with CoDeSys or similar platforms is preferred
- Experience with CAN protocols (J1939, CANopen, etc) is a plus
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Vault, and 3D modeling is a plus
- Must be motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills. Logical, process-oriented thinker
- Must possess a demonstrated understanding of motion controls, instruments and instrumentation
- Experience troubleshooting Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and other electro-mechanical systems
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Excel (including creation of charts, functions, tables, macros, pivot tables and pivot charts)
- Very good documentation skills (i.e. roles and responsibilities, stakeholder analysis, project plans, status reporting).
Willing to travel to unique geographies in North America. The railroad is everywhere!