Director of Operations
Jessup, MD US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Staci Payne at email@example.com or 319-249-2390 to learn more about this opportunity!
Director of Operations
Job Overview: Our transportation client in the Jessup, MD/Chambersburg, PA area is seeking to add a new Director of Operations to their team. The Director of Operations is responsible for providing leadership for dedicated transportation sites, as well as Terminal Managers to ensure safe operations. To be successful in the role of Director of Operations, you must have senior leadership skills, strong knowledge of the trucking business, and excellent communication/customer service skills.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Director of Operations
Provide leadership regarding operations to all units and departments
Collaborate with senior management to ensure operational strategies support company goals
Ensure customer requirements are being met by managing the administration of resources
- Execute strategies that allow for efficiency optimization and cost savings regarding schedules
- Maintain rigorous compliance regarding industry policies, standards, and regulations
- Create KPIs to ensure strong operational performance and identify opportunities for improvement and disciplinary action as needed
- Ensure clients are receiving proper service by understanding and fulfilling their transportation needs through establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Work with teams internally to ensure teamwork that allows them to combat any customer concerns
- Build and maintain a strong operations team through recruiting, training, and coaching them on how to best utilize their skills
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 5 years of transportation experience as a senior leadership, preferably in the dedicated realm
- Expertise in fleet management, driver relations, and other asset-based trucking operations
Strong knowledge and understanding of transportation regulations as well as safety requirements
Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to understand and utilize transportation management software
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.