Quad Cities, IA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Senior Database Administrator
The role of the Database Administrator involves overseeing the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance optimization of crucial SQL Server systems. The primary objective is to ensure the consistent availability and optimal functioning of corporate applications. This hands-on position requires strong technical proficiency, coupled with effective interpersonal and communication skills. The incumbent will be tasked with both the development and maintenance of the SQL Server environment, ensuring its operational readiness.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Senior Database Administrator
- Manage SQL Server databases across various lifecycle stages, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Establish processes for enhancing database security.
- Define and uphold database standards.
- Oversee database access management.
- Conduct performance tuning for database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Design and manage database schemas.
- Aid developers in query tuning.
- Develop and implement a robust backup and recovery strategy, regularly testing backups for usability.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage reports, visualizations, and dashboards related to database performance.
- Automate repetitive database tasks.
- Provide on-call support when required.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in MS SQL Server Administration.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server and associated platforms and software.
- MS SQL-related certifications are a plus.
- Experience with cloud services, particularly Microsoft Azure, is advantageous.
- Proficient in SQL and SQL server tools.
- Familiarity with DB2 and Oracle is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Familiarity with relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Flexible, team player with a "get-it-done" personality.
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in performance and impact on the companys success.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.