Quad Cities, IA US
The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server environment, ensuring its operational readiness.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Responsible for database schema design
- Assist developers with query tuning
- Creating a backup and recovery strategy for the database environment and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database performance related reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activity after hours
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server and related platforms and software
- MS SQL related certifications a plus
- Experience with cloud services (Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Knowledge of DB2 and Oracle a plus
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Flexible, Team player, git-it-done personality
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and impact on companys success
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail