Davenport, IA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Kristen Lee at email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity!
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join us as a Controller. The role involves overseeing the preparation and filing of financial and tax reports, ensuring compliance, and presenting accurate financial results. As the Controller, you will manage internal controls, coordinate audits, analyze financial statements, oversee statutory reporting, and lead initiatives to enhance financial reporting processes. This position includes the management of various accounting functions, including investment, clerical accounting, treasury, reinsurance, and commission accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- File NAIC annual and quarterly statutory financial statements, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and distribute management reports, offering financial analysis to support decision-making.
- Establish and maintain robust internal controls.
- Direct Accounting Department activities, including general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, and premium accounting.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of all required federal and state tax reports.
- Monitor and integrate changes in regulatory accounting rules and industry trends.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Bachelors degree and ten years of related experience; Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years of statutory accounting experience
- 10+ years prior controller experience and a desire for career path to CFO spot.
- Strong experience leading virtual teams.
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI )preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designations preferred.
This is a Direct Hire role, base salary 160,000-170,000 + 15% bonus. This is remote opportunity but qualified applicants will live within a few hours driving distance of Davenport, IA to attend quarterly meetings.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.