Civil Design Engineer
Davenport, IA US
Saige Partners is currently looking for a Civil Design Engineer on a fulltime basis to join the team of one of our growing clients in the Quad City area.
Scope Responsible for the overall, multi-discipline supervision of assigned projects. Will typically be responsible for a large project or several small projects with many complex features. May be responsible for directing a staff of engineers and technicians while also obligated to actively bring work into the firm.
- Responsible for complete design by discipline for projects of all sizes;
- Makes major design recommendations and design decisions with little input from senior staff;
- Plans and coordinates design work, calculates costs, and schedules to assign duties to junior staff working on projects;
- Maintains and provides documentation data for permanent project files;
- Acts as an advisor and reviews correspondence prepared by junior project team members;
- Evaluates project staffing requirements, analyzes problems, and writes reports;
- Attends project meetings, or when appropriate, can request junior staff to attend;
- Meets with clients, prepares proposals and presentations while maintaining good client relations;
- Identifies prospective clients, assists in marketing to develop new clients, and develops future projects with existing clients;
- Assists in project checking for quality control on other projects;
- Other duties assigned by the employer.
- Mastery knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings;
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction;
- Skill in the use of Microsoft programs and AutoCAD Civil 3D software;
- Ability to clearly communicate clearly in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups;
- Ability to perform final quality control check in their area of expertise. Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of qualifying experience.
Our client is an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.