Cedar Rapids, IA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Erin Pals at email@example.com or, you can schedule an appointment at https://calendly.com/epals-1/interiew-s to learn more about this opportunity!
Job Overview: Our Cedar Rapids client, in industrial machining, is seeking to add a NEW CNC Machinist to their team. CNC Machinist is responsible for operate both manually controlled and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, such as lathes and milling machines. Your primary responsibility will be to cut and fabricate precision parts for machines, instruments, and tools. This involves skillfully managing machinery to achieve specific cuts and speeds. Additionally, you will conduct basic maintenance on the machines, ensuring optimal performance, and replace worn-out parts as needed.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a CNC Machinist
- Plan daily machining activities by thoroughly reviewing blueprints, engineering plans, and materials.
- Analyze information to devise effective solutions to machining challenges.
- Program CNC mills and lathes by inputting instructions, including zero and reference points.
- Maintain precise specifications by closely monitoring drilling, grooving, cutting, turning, facing, knurling, and thread-chasing operations.
- Adhere strictly to safety procedures and regulations to guarantee secure operations.
- Conduct preventive maintenance to keep equipment in optimal condition.
- Ensure continuity between work shifts by documenting and communicating actions through our internal electronic system.
- Collaborate with engineers, production, or other team members to troubleshoot and resolve machining or assembly issues.
- Proficient in operating and programming CNC mills or lathes.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand blueprints.
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for precision.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Self-starter who can work independently when needed.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
- Previous experience operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion to help them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.