Williamsburg, IA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Contact Amanda Lawrence at email@example.com
As a pivotal member of our team, you are directly accountable for executing the supply chain from suppliers to our client. In your role as a buyer, you manage and maintain demand releases to suppliers while skillfully negotiating purchases from selected suppliers. Your commitment to precision and efficiency ensures the seamless flow of materials through our supply chain.
This is a Direct Hire role.
What you will be doing as a Buyers
- Maintain supplier and part-specific data in the MRP system.
- Manage releases and diligently follow up on deliveries on time.
- Resolve shipping and invoicing discrepancies for proper A/P execution.
- Select and vet potential suppliers for specific commodities and products.
- Engage in negotiations for price, terms, quality, and quantities.
- Manage supplier relationships, implementing rewards or penalties based on performance.
- Identify and realize cost savings through constructive negotiation techniques and sourcing decisions.
- Study market prices, trends, industry developments, and manufacturing method improvements.
- Monitor new projects and recommend streamlined approaches in the supply chain.
- Ensure supplier compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Participate directly in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Design and implement efficient product ordering forms within the department.
- Coordinate and issue Product and Repair Returns for shipping.
- Administer and promote the ERP.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant purchasing and/or manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency in MRP/ERP software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Shipping experience is advantageous.
- Familiarity with Fourth Shift ERP is a plus.
Saige Partners, one of the fastest-growing technology and talent companies in the Midwest, believes in people with a passion for helping them succeed. We are in the business of helping professionals Build Careers, Not Jobs. Saige Partners believes employees are the most valuable asset to building a thriving and successful company culture. Contact us to learn more about the opportunity below or check out other opportunities at https://careers.saigepartners.com/.