Williamsburg, IA US
We strive to be Your Future, Your Solution to accelerate your career!
Saige Partners is hiring for a Buyer in the Cedar Rapids area!
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW or send your resume directly to email@example.com.
- Direct hire, permanent position
- Pay Rate: Flexible, depending on experience
- Shift Time: 8:00am 5:00pm, Monday Friday
- Job Location: Williamsburg, IA
- 3+ years of related purchasing and/or manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP software
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Shipping experience is a plus
- Fourth Shift ERP experience a plus
- Directly responsible for the execution of the supply chain from suppliers to the company
- Buyers manage and maintain the the demand releases to suppliers and negotiate purchases from selected suppliers
- Maintain the supplier and part-specific data in the MRP system
- Manage releases and follow up on deliveries in a timely manner
- Resolve shipping nd invoicing discrepancies to ensure proper A/P execution
- Select and vet potential suppliers for specific commodities and products
- Engage in negotiations for price, terms, quality and quantities
- Mange the supplier relationship including rewarding or penalizing suppliers for good performance or infractions and non-compliance
- Identify and realize cost savings using constructive negotiation techniques and sourcing decisions
- Studies market prices and trends, industry developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities
- Monitor new projects through the organization and recommend ways to streamline movement of materials and information through the supply chain
- Ensures suppliers follow any relevant and controllable environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with regulatory agencies
- Directly participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Design and implement various forms for department product ordering to increase efficiency/correctness
- Coordinate and issue Product and Repair Returns to be taken to Repair Department for shipping
- Administer and promote the Electronic Requisition Program