3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Jackson, TN US
- Position: 3rd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00pm to 6:30am
- Location: Jackson, TN.
Saige Partners is partnered with a growing Manufacturing company in the Jackson, Tennessee area. For years, this company has been the leading provider of state-of-the-art products within their industry. Due to growth, they are looking to hire a 3rd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor for their operations. Please see below for job overview and requirements.
The 3rd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor maintains order and provides resources to their teams. This commitment involves not only ensuring that each team member has what they need daily, it extends to the overall job satisfaction and career path of everyone in their area throughout the plant. The Manufacturing Supervisors priorities are split between ensuring production objectives are met, continuous improvement is taking place, and that their team members continue to develop and grow in their careers. The ideal candidate will be someone that can focus on multiple areas to ensure resources are aligned, available, and properly trained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews forecasts for production needs, runs open order reports, and assigns work to be completed.
- Directs the work of others, spanning several operational areas to accommodate production needs, including absenteeism.
- Performs daily 5S Audits to maintain a safe and optimal work environment.
- Manages Associates time and attendance according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures team members are continuously learning and cross-training to develop a flexible workforce.
- Assists Manager by identifying work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow. Issues written and oral instructions to Area Leaders.
- Attends daily production meeting to review current order status, any issues and/or changes that are required, known downtime or quality issues and report out on project status.
- Monitors training plans for each individual and meets monthly to review progress, removes roadblocks to ensure continued growth and development.
- Analyze performance results of their area and drive continuous improvement activity to meet or exceed established safety, productivity, quality, and uptime goals.
- Performs Audits to ensure systems within departments are followed as documented, to ensure desired results.
- Ensures all team members understand their Metrics and facilitates problem solving efforts.
- Conducts Associate performance reviews, identifies performance gaps and creates a development plan.
- Minimum 3 to 5yrs within a Supervisor, or Manager level Leadership role, within the Manufacturing industry.
- Lean manufacturing experience such as 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving and Value Stream Mapping, highly preferred.
- Previous experience working within ERP systems.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Hours: Must be able to work Monday night through Friday morning during the hours of 8pm to 630am.